Equally good as eating at a breakfast joint! This Saturday breakfast was scrambled eggs with onions, tomatoes, jalapeno, and feta with a slice of bacon over a cup of jasmine brown/short grain white rice mix.
Onion Scrambled Eggs
1/3 red onion, thinly sliced
1 roma tomato, chopped
1/2 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
2 slices bacon
a couple tablespoons of feta cheese
salt and pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, season eggs with sriracha, worcestershire, salt, and pepper.
- Fry bacon slices until crisp (or in my case, not). Drain bacon fat but save enough to saute vegetables and to scramble eggs with.
- Saute onions and jalapeno in the bacon fat until soft. Add the tomatoes and saute until warmed through, a minute or so.
- Pour in the eggs and mix gently to evenly distribute. Keep cooking on medium and sprinkle cheese on top (mine was feta but the BF wanted parmesan so we put half and half).
- When you get impatient, mix the eggs with the cheese.
I had previously frozen a 50/50 mix of white and brown rice so while I cook scrambled eggs, the rice defrosted in the microwave. Topped 1 cup of rice with half the egg dish with a slice of bacon. Filling breakfast for around 400 calories!